Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I had the final inspection with the site supervisor yesterday. I found a few things that needed adjusting/repairing. One cupboard door needed adjusting. A damged heated towel rail needs to be replaced. Overall, pretty happy; site supervisor happy to explain things. The MDJ quality assurance inspection had been done the day prior and I noticed many blue tags that had identified areas in need of rectification - again mainly paintwork.
I also had a private building inspector go through at about the same time. His summary was a little disturbing - 'the worst he had ever seen'.
I was quite shocked. He pointed out a few of issues (which to the untrained eye, would be missed) but I will need to wait until tomorrow for the final report.
Anyway, some photos.
pantry

kitchen


We are now free to start earthworks, but handover of keys will probably be next week.
Today I have marked out the run for stormwater lines so I can order pipes and drains for a Saturday installation. The excavator is now onsite ready to start moving soil and shaping the site.


2 comments:

  1. Who did your final inspection? We might get one done before handover

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Jen, his name is Mal Wright Building Inspections.

    ReplyDelete